Pages

Sunday 4 November 2012

#5: SP SPELL! ~*~


I'm beyond busy. 
Never-ending project deadlines to meet...
and I still willfully believed that this last term of school is gonna be quite slack. T^T

Despite all these, 
I still took up another errand to add onto my to-do list. 
that is...SP SPELL.

huh what??
even me a 3rd year student had never heard of it. :S
and I was never really involved in activities in SP
as I was afraid that they may take up too much time which could be used for studying.

okay so i confess i'm a nerd. sorta.

long story short.
SPELL is an entrepreneurship project by SP Business School
where the students manage a retail shop in Changi Airport T3
to experience hands-on on how to conduct an actual business.
-the end-

3 days after NF finals, 
oh wow SP is really updated on news

I was called up by Ms Mila, lecturer-in-charge for SPELL, 
to take part in their fashion runway featuring their new collection of clothes
she sounded so sincere over the phone and I just couldn't say no ><
just like that, I made my crazy life even crazier

few of MANY photos from the shoot!
there was a photoshoot done for the new collection as well! :D

and i found out,
many students from different schools in SP were involved in this event!
16 runway models, back-stage helpers, performers, in charge of music....
oh wow. SP is really determined to make this event happening. 


Before the actual runway on 3rd Nov

we had quite a few rehearsals... much to my dismay,
 I'm already filled up to the brim with so many projects on hand!
but sighh what to do? TAHAN. bite my lip and pull through.... :<
.
.

make-up for the show! by SHISEIDO (:
YAY THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE.
the runway is held at Changi Airport Terminal 3!
and I'd to woke up extremely early on a Saturday to reach there by 8am. 

The turnout for the event was rather huge! 
much more then I initially thought.
Principals, lecturers, students, passer-bys, invited bloggers and media
oh my. nerves start to kick in. this is intense
.
.

Thankfully the event was a success!! 
Everything flowed smoothly, 
no one forgot their sequences, no girl fell, audience was great
I'm so proud of all the student-models esp since it's a first for many of them (:

the AWESOME people who made this event a success <3
*spot the extremely handsome guy in the bottom centre photo*
he's Matthew and is part of FEMALE's magazine 50 Most GORGEOUS People in Singapore 2012 :0

Though I was in deep regret after accepting this project initially,
it was extremely heartwarming to see so many students put in so much effort 
sacrificing so many hours of sleep and weekends
without asking for anything in return to make this event successful :')


Be it studies, work, projects or whatever
I always believed that
 "if I decided to do something, I have to put in my best effort to get it done"

so however tired I may be,
 I told myself that I'm happy to be in this and to show it when I'm on stage.
this is the least I can do to thank the audience who came to support
and the people who put in so much effort to pull this off...

As of now, I'm extremely thankful to be able to take part in SP SPELL.
Made new friends and fond memories to keep for life as I recall back on my poly days.
At least now, I finally did something meaningful for my school.
Hehe (:


L.O.L,
Kylie

p.s. i really want to do blog posts on food as well. though it may be really amateur compared to so many wonderfully crafted food blogs out there... >< -food lover dilemma-  















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.