Pages

Friday 28 December 2012

#20: Home-cooked Dinner for 冬至!~

冬至 aka 'Winter Festival' falls on the Lunar Nov 15 (full moon) or around December 22
This year it happened to be on a friday, 21st Dec 2012!
DOOMSDAY. phew thank god we pulled through.

Depending on your roots, 
tradition would to be eat chinese dumplings (northern china) 
or tang yuan (southern china)

Being from a very traditional family, 
we make our own fillings & wrap our own dumplings ^^
My family uses very lean pork and lots of vegetables for the filling
whereas restaurants tend to use fattier cuts for "juicier" purposes

 This year, we had a wonder spread for dinner!
Much thanks to my talented and creative Jackie <3


Dumplings done 3 ways:
Original - flour wrapping
Cabbage-rolled Dumplings
Oven Roasted Bell Peppers stuffed with Dumpling Fillings 
Other Dishes:
Sauteed Ti Wang Miao, Eggplant, Tomatoes
Steamed fish with mom-made pickled vegetables

I'm so blessed to have such talented chefs around me 
which is probably why I never fail to have dinner at home Mon-Fri
the event that I look forward to at the end of every day..
.
.
Just came up with a menu for New Year's dinner with my dad
Teehee hope it goes well!~

p.s. the cyst under my tongue which i went under the knife TWICE to cut off seems to have regrown..so may have to go back to the hospital again...sigh feel really guilty for taking so many MC leave on internship :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.