Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

#21: it's 2013! Happy New Year to All!


Kylie here!
Just wanna wish everyone a happy 2013!
May this year be better than the last :)

Hope everyone had a great year and an enjoyable festive season!
Xmas + New year, best time of the year!! :D

2012 has been a great year for me and 
I hope that opportunities will continue to open up in 2013 and that I'll have the chance to take them on~

6 New Year Resolutions for 2013

ahh the eyebags, I blame water retention
1. Be a more patient person to my family 

I love my family, the most important people in my life
and I'm very grateful to be part of this family that the creator blessed me with


but I guess it's because they are your family, hence the high expectations you set for them
you expect to fit your views and standards
less room for tolerance compared to friends and strangers
hence I promise to learn patience


2. Have more time for my friends

A lot of times to avoid eating out..
(fear of what they put in the food)
I tend to find excuses to avoid such events
But this made me missed out on a lot of stuff

Most of my close friends are in university, local and abroad
It is harder to meet up now more than ever
this year, I will learn to get over this personal obstacle of mine



3. Stress less & Smile more

I confess, I stress alot alot alot
about what I eat, look, grades, everything
I like to plan my day's schedule beforehand and make sure that everything falls exactly and perfectly
calling for reservations or booking movie tickets just to get the best seats
and if things seem to somehow fall out of place, I get really upset

Although, planning beforehand isn't necessarily bad,
at least, I'll learn to be more flexible and to enjoy the time spent with my loved ones
and most importantly, SMILE regardless of how everything went




4. Get into a good university and study hard

deciding over SMU, NUS or going abroad...
studying abroad will definitely widen my perspectives and let myself become a more independent person
but the school fees are really expensive man

not that my family is financially weak but it might not be worth it overall
if the uni abroad is not 'better' than the local ones...
and the world doesn't only revolve around me...
I don't want to be too much of a financial burden to my family
I need some guidance on this, anyone?



6. Learn to trust, starting foremost with myself

Although the weight may have been lost, 
I still struggle with esteem issues time to time and 
failing to give myself any room for slack regarding the foods I eat
but things have definitely improved and I'll continue to learn on letting myself indulge
After all, what is life without indulgence right? 
.
.
haha I found this on some fb page
*disclaimer* i don't own this!!
so lets cheers to a better 2013 together!
Happiness is key to a healthy life too.
Let's do it together everyone!

Love, Kylie
-the girl who lost 45 kg-

4 comments:

  1. You're a really sensible girl Kylie and your parents are very blessed to have you

    In my opinion, I would say local uni so you can spend time with family. Time with family is precious, especially with parents who won't be around forever


    Besides, there're opportunities in local unis for exchange programs etc ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap that's true I heard about the exchange programs! haha on the contrary, I'm blessed to have such understanding caring parents. :)

      sigh and i dont know about the 'cyst', will be going back to visit the doctor again this week. hopefully it isnt too bad and require surgery again.
      hope you had a nice festive holiday nic! ^^ looking fwd to cny~

      Delete
  2. Hi kylie!
    I'm very sorry that I didn't visit ur recent posts! :(
    have been busy with Uni stuff
    I would suggest u to gO abroad though....
    It really exposes u to a bigger society and u can learn a lot more about life!
    I know family is important and technology nowadays makes u feel they r just right besides u!
    :)
    UK Uni would be my very top suggestion!
    Would be glad to help if u need any suggestion!
    :฿
    I listed a few resolutions for myself too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its okay babe! welcome back hehe :D
      hmm UK is real far and the school fees are $$$
      haiis. but great thanks I'll ask you if I have any questions regarding UK unis yeah! ^^
      anyway, care to share your resolutions for 2013? x)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.