Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

#23: Doong Ji - Korean Eatery @ Katong & BridalShow SneakPeak!

I'm an avid reader of food blogs and websites such as openrice.sg and hungrygowhere
So this time I was searching for an affordable place to have family dinner and 
I came upon this Korean restaurant located around east coast road, near to Katong 112!

The experience was fantastic. 
The ambiance is real cozy and the food was yum yum.

Interior of the Restaurant


What is Korean food without kimchi and banchan?
Doong Ji serves quite a variety of banchan, refillable once!
All was fresh! (unlike places which serve stale kimchi, irk)
The seaweed and mustard leaves were exceptionally yumz :D 

Main Courses
Kimchi Soup *LOVE*

Generous amounts of ingredients! - kimchi, beancurd etc. 
Healthy and Hearty 

Ox-tail Soup 

Seafood Pancake 

HUGE and not oily! 
Filled with chives, prawns, squid rings 

Mackerel-Kimchi Stew 

oh my gosh I absolutely loved this dish
Real generous with ingredients used
Mackerel is an oily fish and thus provides tons of health benefits
due to the omega oils 
I think the content might even be higher than salmon
MUST TRY!


Apparently it the first round of ordering wasn't enough for my family and we added 2 more dishes~
....


Kimchi Pancake

A tad oily unlike the seafood version 
but the taste was MMMM, the kimchi kick was definitely there

Squid Hotplate

More to sweet than spicy despite the chilies
due to the usage of traditional Korean chili paste
Squid is a lean protein hence no after-guilt!
There's also salad leaves, green chilies and garlic for you to wrap the squid with
Metabolism boosters :D

a wrap done up by my sister

Complimentary Fresh Fruits!
Haha okay la it's only 1 orange slice for each pax 
but HEY. I appreciate what I'm given ^^

TOTAL BILL: $105 for 4 pax, and my family ate alot
Pretty reasonable imho
.
.
Shots with my Family

Weekends = Chill = NO MAKEUP REQUIRED YAY 
cause I do apply a little during the week 
gotta be presentable interning at a Bank right?
6 WEEKS DOWN  MORE TO GO

Walked down to Katong 112 after dinner
It was a really peaceful mall!
A great place to have meals on the weekends 
Will head down for a meal next time :)

such a pretty xmas tree @ Katong 112
Had been quite some time since I updated my blog..
am real busy lately, did a show last weekend
The NewPaper Wedding Planner Show 2013
which is a show held annually by TNP
sneak peak! :P
Saw so many couples over that weekend...
Hehe the atmosphere was sweeeeet and lovely
Will talk about it in another post soon!

Take care everyone for now :)

Signing out! 
Kylie 

2 comments:

  1. The kimchi pancake looks like otah! hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true that! LOL! oh my. looking back at it, the craving is crawling back now.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.