Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

#27: Dear Readers...

Especially to the people who are putting in every effort to reach that healthy goal weight
as well as to those who still haven't quite found the motivation to start yet...

Hopefully this will be of some motivation to help start/continue your journey... 


Me in primary 6 (left) & Me in present (right) 

Found this photo at my grandparents' house and confiscated it
hahaha, hows nostalgic :)

every now and then I still wonder, 
what gave me the determination to actually kick start on my journey
the initial part is always the most difficult
finding the courage to take the first step...

doing your homework definitely helps.
Google had been an extremely helpful platform to solve my woes on losing weight
you'll be blown away by the number of forums, research, articles you can find on the web
and realise that there are tons of people out there who are stuck in the same situation as you! 
who are willing to provide information through personal experiences & support for one another

You are never alone. Do not be afraid. 
Healthy Living is a journey and we are in it together. 
Eat clean. Move more. = Improve mood. Boost confidence. Feel good.

By eating clean, 
I mean cutting down on refined, heavily processed man-made products
e.g. white bread/rice/flour, junk food, sugary drinks 
& foods that contain ingredients you can't pronounce

By moving more,
I mean putting in just a little more everyday to walk that extra distance
park further away from the life, take the longer route, stand up & take a stroll 
climb some stairs (escalators are meant to help us save time, not to be lazy!)

every little effort counts.

if a food lover like me can do it, so can you
haha eating clean doesn't mean giving up on good delicious food!
it just require some smart choice-making ;)

and moving more doesn't mean going to the gym to strain yourself every other day 
intensive exercise isn't for everyone, esp not to those who are dead tired after a long day of work

Chinese New Year is around the corner!
CNY goodies and snacks are everywhere
and no, I'm not banning them or gonna preach to you why you should NEVER eat them
but do practice some self-control and not eat mindlessly.

will eating 1 pineapple tart or 2 make a difference?
sometimes we just have to satisfy our craving for its taste & not actually to fill our hunger 
so do save some tummy space for the other foods :)

If it's possible, cook and eat at home or someone's else house
Homemade food are always healthier & more delicious! 
it's also a great bonding activity for friends and families ^^

HAPPY PROSPEROUS CHINESE NEW YEAR. 
new year. new beginnings.

Till next time.
♥, Kylie



5 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie!!
    I miss your blog so much!
    I have been trying so hard to lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle! But I only managed to lose 1 kg so far (TWT)
    Reading this really gave me a strength!
    and CNY is just round the corner! Please blog about how u prevent urself from snacking on those wonderful crunchy crunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey macaron!!! Long time no 'talk'. Hahaha hows exams man? Losing 1kg is no small feat okay! Give yourself a pat on the back. Its difficult especially dueing exam periods.

      Will you be back in sg for cny? (:

      Delete
  2. Hello Kylie (:

    So sorry to be asking you this but do you know when is NPNF opening its audition for this year? And is it true that girls with moles or birthmarks on their face will not be accepted into the auditions at all? Really hope you will answer my questions and sorry for the trouble! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :0 no girl absolutely not true!!! Sorry for responding so late. I personally believe those are what makes you unique ahd memorable.(:

      Auditions should be around early june! I'll know the date more specifically closer to it around april and may I guess? Haha cos the previous batch will be there :P I will post it on my blog once I am informed k? ^^

      Delete
    2. Hello Kylie (:

      Apologies for my late reply too! Thanks for answering my questions and for giving me such kind words of encouragement (:

      All right, that will be great (: Thanks a lot for your help! Heee anyway, I really enjoy reading your blog. I like that you're so honest in your food recommendations and I love how you inject a little humor once in a while haha (:

      Hope you can blog a bit about your NPNF journey too (: Really wanna know what made you join the competition and what was the toughest part of the whole journey. Thanks Kylie!

      P.S. Thank you for being an inspiration to girls like me.


      Love
      Kim

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.