Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

#29: CNY Updates! & Last Week of Internship!

Day #0: CNY Eve!

The day where the family gets together for a reunion dinner! 
and what better place to reunite other than HOME 
This year we had it over at a close family friend's house though, the more the merrier~

 Lo Hei personally constructed by yours truly :)
With smoked salmon + abalone slices + lots of veg shreds!

Amazingly delicious dishes done up by the parents
1st row: Cold Spinach with sesame paste, Stir-fry prawn-scallop-pepper-pineapple, Tea Eggs
2nd row: Braised Beef Muscle (my dad's specialty, ultra lean protein), Braised Duck, Roasted Cod
3rd row: Braised Beef Tripe, Stir-fry eel-garlic chive, Stir-fry Bitter Gourd

I never knew cod tastes sooooo heavenly! New found protein love 

'Dessert': 8 Treasures Glutinous Rice + Chinese Dumplings! wrapped by ME ^^
hopefully doesn't look too bad yeah? hahahaha

Day #1: Lunar New Year 初一 

To avoid over-feasting, my family focuses on one main meal a day to indulge
For the 1st day of the new year we decided to have it the simple way - STEAMBOAT with....

Poon Choi/Pen Cai/盆菜! from Marina Mandarin Hotel's Peach Blossom Restaurant
a traditional dish originated from Hong Kong where various ingredients are placed 
into a claypot and braised with superior stock
Gosh I have a mad obsession with mushrooms. 
the bigger, the juicier, the better 

and hmm... 
ingredients for the steamboat tend to fall to the healthier side of the food scale 


Day #2: Lunar New Year 初二

Had dinner over at my parents' friend house :)
No matter what, most homemade rendition of dishes are always healthier than eating out
Dishes were singly cooked up by the granny! *salutes*
and everything came in pairs for easy sharing :)
双双对对,双喜临门
 - end of food spam -

This week is officially the last week of internship
YES I CAN'T WAIT~
had been applying for various universities and it'll be quite some time before I enter one
so...I currently have some plans in mind for this long break:

1. I took up a private certification course (exam coming up soon in March, gotta study for that)
2. Taking up some modelling works...*fingers crossed* if not just various jobs, to earn some $$
3. Overseas trips with my friends and family? :)
4. Learn driving..had been procrastinating for the longest time. THE SCHOOLS ARE SO FAR.
5. Try to update my blog more often
6. Catch up with friends whom I haven't met in ages!
7. SHOP AND PARTY 

Monday - counting down 4 DAYS
Tuesday - counting down 3 DAYS
 2, 1, 0!! I'm smelling freedom already.
not that internship was terrible, in fact, I really enjoyed my duration there
had the chance to work with a team of smart and friendly individuals whom I had learnt lots from
but I have plans in mind and other dreams to achieve right now...
will try my best to exploit all opportunities while I still have my youth :)

Wish me the best of luck! and take care everyone ^^
♥, Kylie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.