Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

#31: Foods for a Glowing Complexion!

I have many people asking me what I do/eat/apply to get such great complexion
if there is any secrets or miracle products etc.
my reply is NOOOO
because simply,
"Good Skin is All in What You Eat"
On a typical day, I only do simply cleansing at night when I get home
and apply a lil moisturizer after my morning shower before applying makeup
i think makeup applies much more smoothly this way :)

So how does our diet affect our complexion?
.
.
While a slightly acidic pH level is best externally, the body's internal pH should be mildly alkaline 
Too much acid bombarding your innards can lead to skin sagging and gauntness
Unfortunately, most people eat a diet consisting of 80 percent acid-forming foods and just 20 percent alkaline The ultimate goal here is to aim for a 50-50 balance

FOODS TO EAT:

1. Dark-green leafy veggies like kale and spinach: Nothing neutralizes acid like minerals
2. Citrus fruit: Tasting acidic is very different from being acid-forming. 
Lemons and limes are alkaline producers

sometimes i eat the orange peels raw as well, I feel my skin tighten up the next morning
recommend navel oranges if you want to try eating some...as it's not to everyone's preference
if you're willing to try, please wash it well & eat together with the flesh! 
then it won't taste as bitter!  (:


3. Low glycemic fruit: Nutrient-rich berries and apples top the list
the glycemic index/GI measures how fast the sugar from foods are absorbed into the bloodstream lower the better!!
4. Nuts and seeds: Load up on almonds, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds
Just make sure they're raw, since roasting depletes the healthy omega-3 fatty oils
5. Foods rich in beta-carotene [the thing that give foods that orange colour]
such as Papayas, carrots, pumpkins
ALL MY FAVORITES
I use to eat papayas and pumpkins every single day, no kidding
till i turn slightly yellowish so I reduced my intake :X
another tip: don't just throw away the papaya peels! and no I'm not suggesting you to eat them,
just rub the insides of the skin when you're done with eating the flesh!
the enzymes are good for exfoliation and tightening ^^

6. Essential Fatty Acids [“good fats”  that your body needs for healthy performance]
a must for healthy, youthful skin
controls acne and regulates cell functions i.e. retains water in your cells to keep it buoyant and prevent sagging
found in nuts, seeds [as above], fatty fish [SALMON!!], olive/canola oils

 

FOODS TO AVOID:
1. Soft drinks: A can of soda typically contains 44 to 62 milligrams of phosphoric acid, 
which puts us in acid overload. "Dark ones are the worst"

2. Sugar: These sweet granules feed harmful gut organisms (especially yeast) 
while crowding out good bacteria. They can even alter proteins in our cells, causing a loss of elasticity
3. Meat: Aim to get no more than 15 to 20 percent of your daily calories from animal proteins. 
Plant-based types (like lentils and beans) at least have some alkalizing components.

4. Processed grains: Seventy percent of the acidic foods in our diet are wheat.
Switch to alkalinizing wheat-free whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa and wild rice.
5. Coffee: Though caffeine is pH neutral, coffee can quickly become acidic if it's not fresh
good in limited amounts though :) 

so everyone! let's cheers to a healthier glowy complexion!
and try not to apply too many skincare products [chemicals chemicals D: ] 
onto your delicate skins please!

Love and Take Care!
KYLIE.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,

    I came about you in STOMP.
    And I am really admire your strong will,determination an overall - a new lease of life!
    I like the photo of you with the other two TNP winners.
    And how I wish one day I will lose weight,gain back my self confidence and self esteem,and most of all,my self love and worth. And maybe get a try at TNP contest like you too!
    Two thumbs up to you!
    Can you please share with me how you managed to lose 2.5kg a week? What exercises you do,how many and what type of meals you took? And drink or eat supplements or herbal tea while losing weight?

    Thank you a lot.

    Good day to you!
    Regards,
    Shalyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shalyn !! And thank you very much for the support my dear (:

      Would you mind sharing your email with me so I can send you a seperate reply? Haha or I also replied some similar comments on other posts. You can check out my post #4.

      Take care! ♥

      Delete
  2. Hi Kylie,

    THANK YOU so much for replying, really appreciate.
    Sorry for late reply, i have been real busy the past week.

    my email is shalynlim_mp@yahoo.com.sg

    I never expect that you would be willing to help me to this extend!
    Thank you loads, you are such a doll,Kylie!

    Looking forward to your reply,

    Have a great weekend (:
    Shalyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie I am 95kgs I have been fat my whole life tried every slimming products n spent thousands of dollars on slimming sessions nothing works my dicipline is not strong. It hurts to the bone. Im started to have dry skin n psoriasis all over my scalp. Im scared that I would get into cardiac arrest while I sleep. Please help me kylie. Im 26 female chinese. Thank you very much. Filo.pastry1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.