Pages

Monday 24 March 2014

#57: Discipline is self-taught.

Received many inquiries during the past few weeks from readers 
seeking advice on how to be motivated to keep to their 'weight loss' regime.

I sincerely do not mind answering specific questions regarding nutrition and questions alike. 
However they were many generic questions, such as

#1: Asking for a comprehensive daily routine that I do 

Honestly, I have no strict routine.
I simply eat clean and stay active (not necessarily exercise).
No junk food, no sweet drinks, no snacking.

Eating loads of vegetables and lean protein.
Moderate amount of whole grains and healthy fats.
Drinking plenty of water and fruits for snacking.

#2: Asking how I am able to avoid temptation of guilty pleasures,
telling me that they are unable to do so and if there are alternatives.

I love my clean diet and I truly enjoy eating what I do eat.
Weight loss will never be sustained if you can't learn to love your new lifestyle.

Yes you can seek motivation from family and friends, and be inspired by others.
However, if you only rely on that external source of support only, you will never succeed.

Self-Discipline is key and crucial to achieving your goals.
It's an internal support system that is the strongest and never be broken. 
I can never be able to motivate you enough if you do not discipline yourself.

Adapted from Wikipedia: 
Self-discipline is the ability to control one's feelings and overcome one's weaknesses; 
the ability to pursue what one thinks is right despite temptations to abandon it.
Self-discipline and self-control give you power over your life

You can only save yourself from your inner-demons obstructing you in your journey.
I believe this not only applies to losing weight but also, almost every aspect of life.

With Love, Kylie Y.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kylie! This is somewhat unrelated to your post but I wanted to ask how you feel about people treating you differently now compared to in the past. Do you sometimes wonder if your new friends now would have been friends with your past self? And feel sad because you're essentially the same on the inside (I assume) and so everything that has changed is more or less attributed to your changed appearance. I'm just really curious because not everyone experiences transformations themselves :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.