Pages

Saturday 6 April 2013

#34: Quick Update for the past 2 weeks!

Sorry that I haven't been posting regularly lately!
Been putting most of my time into jobs and stuff...

I'll be away from 6th Apr (today!) till 17th Apr
Going for a holiday with my mama to Japan and Beijing ~ 
Will try my best to take alot of photos and blog about when I'm back!!
SASHIMI :D

Update on University Application

Received offer from NTU Accountancy,
went for SMU Biz school interview on Tuesday,
still waiting for NUS's letter.

I haven't exactly made up my mind on which school I would prefer yet
and I get alot of mixed reviews...
this is so tough :<

02Apr - After SMU's interview
For SMU's Biz school interview, it went like this:
If you're from poly or if your A lvls GP(i think) is not of a certain grade,
you have to take SMU's english test.
It consists of a comprehension (30mins) and essay (45mins)
oh gosh I think even caucasians will not get 1/2 of the vocabulary used in the compre passage

Immediately after, you'll be given an article to read to prepare you for the subject of the interview
You'll go into the room with 5-7 other students
(6 out of 8 students in my group were foreigners, how intense :S)
there were 2 profs in my room (really friendly)
and you'll be asked to discuss about what you've just read 

hmmm...basically from what I heard, if you've been invited to the interview
you're somewhat halfway there already, they just want to observe how willing you are to participate openly in class and your english standard (for the test)
so just make sure you speak up during the interview! 
and speak smartly that is. 
all fingers crossed! now it's just back to waiting for me again. :)

Update on Works:

2XU Marathon / Erdinger Alkoholfrei Prdt Launch
 _______________________________________________________________________________

Channel NewsAsia Luminary Awards 2013
 _______________________________________________________________________________

Aveda HairShow
Aveda products are at least 90% made from organic products
and thus more friendly to the environment and your hair! 

Purpose of the show is for a good cause,
 raising money to provide clean drinking water to less privileged countries :)

Stylists from New York!
Works by the international stylists:

Works by local salons:

Me getting my hair done on treatment day:

Decided that I still look better in black and dyed it back right after the show
FOC thanks to Aveda :)

Though I was very honored to have my hair dyed by stylists who have 
styled the hair for some of the biggest celebrities out there in the US and stuff
For now, it's back to basic black :)

Updates on Cooking!
I have always had a passion for cooking 
however I swear it's been freaking long since I last tried to cook anything fancy

Normally, my maid(Jackie) cooks dinner
But I'd some evening jobs this week so I've to eat dinner earlier than usual
hence....I decided to cook for myself :S
Day 1
Day 2
 I really love noodles but I'm still trying to control my carb intake 
hence as a substitute I used cucumber/cabbage shreds

Both dishes I added in tomatoes to get the sweet sour tangy-ness
and some of my fav vegetables alongside
pumpkin, mushrooms, long beans and eggs for protein ^^

Okay the presentation is hardly acceptable but hey it tasted pretty awesome
*pats back*

Back to packing for me now! Will update after I'm back from Japan! 

Take care, Kylie 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.